Professor of Health Professional Education
Department Name: Professor of Health Professional Education
The Office of Graduate Studies at QU-Health aspires to foster distinguished graduate education in health sciences that nurtures professionalism, scientific and educational discovery, innovation and scholarship excellence and to be a leader in graduate education in the region
Duties & Responsibilities
- Faculty members are expected to provide up-to-date reportsinvolvingteaching activities and student advising as assigned by the department
- Faculty members will be responsible for course developmentandparticipate in curriculum and program development
- Meet all instructional and advising responsibilities as specifiedinthe policies and procedures (refer to Part-4 within this handbook)
- Participate in scholarly and research activities which enhancetheirprofessional development and contribute to their discipline
- Serve as appropriate in the department, college and university committees
- Provide professional services to the University and community
- APhD or equivalent in Health Professional Education/Medical Education/Clinical Education etc. or relevant field is strongly preferred. Online or hybrid degrees are not accepted for this position.
- A terminal professional degree (e.g. MD, MBBCh, PharmD, etc.) with MSc in Health ProfessionsEducation/Medical Education/Clinical Education with substantial experience and publication records may be considered.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Highest Academic Qualification.
- Current Curriculum Vitae with Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three refereesâ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual air tickets for candidate and dependents according to QUHR policies.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members according to QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category: Academic
End Date of Advertisment: 31-Jan-2024