The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant in the Renal Immunology & Genetics (IMM-RIG) division, Department of Paediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Our research studies comprise both clinical and laboratory-based research with the aim to better understand the type of kidney diseases that affect our Singapore children and adolescents, so that we can improve our diagnostic and treatment approaches to improve long-term outcomes as the child grows into adulthood. Appointments will be made on a two-year contract basis, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator (PI) and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the research projects. The RA’s principal role will be to assist the PI and Research Fellows in conducting research experiments which include but not limited to cell culture, Western blot, RT-PCR, gene cloning, experimental animal works and data analysis. He/She will also be involved in the procurement of laboratory consumables and periodic review of laboratory safety matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Research Assistant are as follow:
- Provide technical and administrative support for two main research studies and assist in ad hoc clinical trials or new research projects from junior clinician scientists. This involves planning and performing experiments independently on a daily basis;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites;
- Conduct literature searches, consolidate and analyse data (e.g. SPSS, R-studio, variant curation), as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the Research Fellows.
The applicant should:
- have a first degree with good results in Life Sciences or related disciplines;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail;
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS Excel, PowerPoint;
- have experiences in molecular biology, genetics and/or animal handling will be an advantage.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21200