Research Engineer (UX Designer / Researcher)
SIA-NUS Digital Aviation Lab at the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Research Engineer (UX Designer/Researcher) within Work Package 4. The work package focuses on developing innovations in the following key strategic areas related to passengers’ inflight experience, mainly in Enhancements to SIA’s Cabin Seat Product Offerings, Novel Features for SIA’s Next Generation Aircraft Cabins for Sleep Improvement and Pushing SIA’s Superior Customer Experience to New Heights with an Advanced Connected Cabin.
The duties and responsibilities for this role includes working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to develop and execute strategies that ensure the successful delivery of project goals outlined in the brief. As a UX Designer, you will be responsible fin supporting the team in developing innovative, desirable, and feasible design solutions and concepts that meet the business needs while bringing customer experiences to greater heights. One of the key role is to conduct research and develop new framework and strategies in new area of interest as identified by the PI.
As a UX Designer/Researcher, your key responsibility will be:
- Support the development of current and new projects.
- Conduct research and develop frameworks in new topics of interest as identify by the PI.
- Develop strategies such as probes, workshops, or teaching platforms to test and develop these frameworks.
- Assist in conducting studies and experiments when necessary.
- Work closely with principal investigators, researchers, and other key stakeholder to ensure end objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial Design, Design, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology or related disciplines.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to manage projects with various stakeholders.
- Am comfortable in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity.
- Previously worked in projects related to delivering better customer experience or UI/UX experience is a plus.
- Proficient with prototyping software such as Figma, Adobe XD. Ability to CAD and handle 3D prototype is a bonus.
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Openness to critique from other disciplines.
- Have empathy and curiosity for how great brands, businesses and organization navigate innovation and design.
- Experience with unique and novel research tools, methods of uncovering key insights, and proposing of new concepts.