Research Fellow (Bioelectronics)
7 days left
- Full Time
The laboratory of Assistant Professor (Presidential Young Professorship) Liu Yuxin in the Biomedical Engineering Department at National University of Singapore seeks postdoctoral fellows with strong enthusiasm and interest in flexible electronics, bioelectronics, neurotechnology, wearable electronics, brain-machine-interface research.
Biological systems are typically soft and highly dynamic with cellular growth and functional self-renewal, while conventional implantable electronics are rigid and unable to intelligently accommodate a complex biological microenvironment, leading to the enormous functional and biomechanical gap at the bio-electronics interface. Through electronic material development and nano/microfabrication innovation, the new hire along with PI will develop next-generation polymeric electronic materials and microelectronics that mimic the properties of biological tissue. We will also develop novel wearable and implantable electronic systems for monitoring and diagnosing chronic diseases. Together with a team of experienced clinicians and biologists, we will develop precision electronic medicine (using “electron” rather than “molecules” as therapy) that can treat chronic diseases via targeted and personalized neuromodulation.
More information can be found on our laboratory website https://www.lab-liu.com/
- A PhD in Neural Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Flexible Electronics, Material Science and Engineering or related fields
- A strong interest in bioelectronics, wearable electronics, electrochemical sensors, flexible electronics. Scientific curiosity and motivation to perform scientifically rigorous experimental work
- Excellence in conducting independent research with great critical thinking and experimental design. Interested in working in a multidisciplinary team and leading a multidisciplinary project
- Research experience in nano/microfabrication in clean room, especially microfabrication of polymeric electronic devices is advantageous.
- Good written and spoken communications.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 21229