Teaching Assistant (Statistics and Data Science)
5 days left
- Full Time
Teaching Assistant at the Department of Statistics and Data Science
Applications are invited for the position of Teaching Assistant at the Department of Statistics and Data Science, National University of Singapore.
Successful candidates are expected to commit to two years of full-time service. Depending on the experience and expertise, the candidate will be involved in the teaching of
(i) Undergraduate (UG) courses; and/or
(ii) Continuing Education and Training (CET) classes for adult learners.
As a Teaching Assistant (TA), you will have the opportunity to share your expertise and passion for statistical and data science with undergraduates or adult learners.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and expertise in the subject matter.
- Work with the course coordinator in the development of teaching and assessment materials.
- Act as a lead TA and help the course coordinator manage a team of part-time student teaching assistants.
- Provide constructive and insightful feedback to the course coordinator and students.
- Interest in academic interaction with adults from all disciplines.
- Capture and maintain students' attention, making each class engaging, interactive, and memorable.
- Enhance the learning experience by integrating practical examples and real-world case studies, empowering students to apply their newfound knowledge effectively.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, ensuring a well-paced class that maximizes students' understanding and progress.
- At least a bachelor's degree in statistics, data science, mathematics, or related fields, preferably with experience in teaching or practicing empirical quantitative work.
- Proficiency in data tools such as R, Power BI, Orange, Tableau, Excel, Python, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Resourceful and keep up-to-date with changes in the field of statistics, analytics and data visualization.
- Being proactive and reflective about teaching practice.
- Able to foster strong collaboration with colleagues.
- Prior experience in teaching adults is advantageous.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Statistics and Data Science
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21252