The Zam Laboratory for Advanced Bio-Photonics and Imaging (LAB-PI) at the Division of Engineering, New York University Abu Dhabi, seeks to develop smart medical devices for medical imaging, diagnostics, and monitoring using novel optical technologies. In the past, LAB-PI has developed state-of-the art optical sensors and imaging systems (i.e. Optical Coherence Tomography, Optoacoustic, LIBS, Raman) for various medical applications.
We are seeking for a Post-Doctoral Associate to join the team and make significant contributions to the field. Applicants with strong backgrounds in Engineering, Optics, Physics, and other relevant disciplines are sought to join leading efforts in the development and application of new optical technologies in medical imaging such as Optoacoustic Imaging.
- Possess a Ph.D. (with no more than 5 years since its completion) in one of the following disciplines: Optical Engineering/Instrumentation, Biomedical Optics, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent qualifications.
- Demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas is required: optoacoustic fiber probe design and fabrication; optoacoustic imager design; tomographic image reconstruction; fiber-optics and imaging; ultrafast laser technique; laser spectroscopy; optoelectronics.
- Hands-on experience in optoacoustic/photoacoustic imaging is preferred.
- Proficiency in programming using C++, Matlab, Labview is advantageous.
- Creativity and independence are highly desirable.
- A keen interest in innovating medical technologies for clinical translation.
This position will start immediately as a two-year contract, renewable depending on performance. The terms of employment include highly competitive salary, medical insurance, housing allowance, and educational subsidies for children as well as other benefits. Applications will be accepted immediately, and candidates will be considered until the position is filled.
For consideration, applicants need to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae with full publication list (last five years), statement of research interests and three letters of recommendation, all in PDF format. If you have any questions, please email Dr. Azhar Zam at email@example.com.
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.