King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Physical Science and Engineering Division (faculty)
Location King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
Deadline Jan 31, 2024 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
We are seeking applicants for a faculty position in geothermal science and engineering. The successful candidate will focus on advancing fundamental knowledge of governing processes and technology development using experimental and modeling methods. Experience is required in surface heat conversion in particular low-enthalpy energy (temperature <200C), thermal exploration, reservoir characterization, working geofluids, thermodynamics, aqueous geochemistry, chemo-thermo-hydro-mechanical processes such as thermal recovery optimization, rock stimulation, fracture/fault activation, drilling technology, and geothermal batteries. Ideal candidates will have experimental background. Experience with aspects of reservoir development, modeling, and economic evaluation is also desirable. The candidate will work in collaboration with an interdisciplinary group within multiple programs at the university, with industry partners, and governmental agencies to promote and demonstrate technology deployment in the region.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. with expertise in civil engineering, mechanics, thermodynamics, geosciences or a related field. Successful applicants should have a proven track record in publishing high-impact papers, and will be expected to establish thriving research and teaching programs.
Applicants are required to complete an online application form using the Interfolio online application system (https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en/about/faculty-positions). To prevent any delays in reviewing your application, you will need to upload the following materials:
- a cover letter, introducing your candidacy, and explicitly stating both the position and the rank (Assistant, Associate, Full) that the candidate is applying for, is required. The rank must be consistent with the candidate experience,
- up-to-date curriculum vita which includes full publication list,
- statement of research interests,
- statement of teaching interests,
- a list of the names/affiliation and contact details of at least six potential referees,
- copies of most relevant publications (maximum of five),
- two citation reports (Web of Science and Scopus).
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
There is no Equal Employment Opportunity Statement available for Physical Science and Engineering Division (faculty)