King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering Division (faculty)
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
As part of a major initiative to strengthen its research in marine science, the Marine Science Program (MarS) in the Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering (BESE) Division at KAUST is seeking to expand research, higher education and innovations in the field of Big Data Modelling and Integration. Applications for a faculty position (Open Rank: Assistant, Associate or Full Professor) are invited from highly competitive candidates eager to pursue innovative research addressing fundamental questions and developing cutting–edge technologies for application in marine systems.
We are especially interested in applications from high-caliber scientists who take advantage of KAUST’s unique access to the Red Sea and have expertise in development of modelling and integration framework for biological, physical and chemical big data for smart ocean; establishing methods for modelling organismal and systemic networks in the marine whole ecosystem, from microbiomes to large animals and megafauna, and their integration with marine environmental big data.
Besides establishing world-class research program, successful candidate expected to build a strong teaching program in the Marine Science Program and to develop inter- and multidisciplinary collaborations within the Marine Science Program and the BESE, and across divisions, Research Centers and initiatives at KAUST.
The position will remain open until filled.
KAUST is an international, graduate research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through interdisciplinary research, education, and innovation. KAUST attracts top international faculty, scientists, engineers and students to conduct curiosity-driven and goal-oriented research to address the world’s most pressing scientific and technological challenges. Located in Saudi Arabia, on the eastern shores of the Red Sea, KAUST provides an award-winning campus to live, work, study and play, and offers superb research facilities, with guaranteed baseline research funding, infrastructure support, entrepreneurship opportunities and internationally competitive salaries. Few, if any, other universities offer the same combination of access to diverse tropical marine habitats and world-class laboratory facilities.
For more information about KAUST, please visit http://www.kaust.edu.sa. More information about the BESE Division and the Marine Science Program is available at http://bese.kaust.edu.sa.
To prevent any delays in reviewing your application, you will need to upload the following materials:
- Cover letter introducing your candidacy, and explicitly stating both the position and the rank. The rank must be consistent with the candidate’s experience.
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae including a full publication list.
- Research Statement (5 pages maximum).
- Teaching Statement (2 pages maximum) including teaching philosophy and an outline of 1-2 planned graduate teaching course(s).
- Names and contact information for at least 4 references. Referees should have positions in academic or industrial research laboratories. In the case of Associate and Full Professor applications, the referees should be of a rank higher or equivalent to that of the candidate.
- Copies of most relevant publications (Maximum of five).