The KU Center for Cyber-Physical Systems invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow position in the field of wireless mobile communications. The potential candidate will join our externally funded project by TII: “Neural Networks for Signal Processing in Secure IoT Mesh Networks”, under the supervision of the primary investigator, Prof. Sami Muhaidat. The project duration is 6 months.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- The potential candidate is expected to undertake specific research tasks to develop novel physical-layer and multiple access solutions to address key challenges in the design and implementation of wireless networks. Consideration will be given to those with a strong background in areas such as:
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning applied to sensor network optimization.
- Resource optimization for energy efficient systems.
- Physical layer security.
- Multiple access techniques.
Also, the candidate is expected to be involved in research center activities, meeting arrangements; writing proposals; compiling, organizing, summarizing and/or presenting requested information; and conducting any other explorations, investigations, and studies relevant to the research project.
The potential candidate is also expected to be involved in the supervision of MSc. and Ph.D. students within the project. Also, supervise and guide other research associates within the group.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent knowledge in wireless/digital communications and a strong publication record are required.
- Knowledge in physical-layer security and/or routing protocols for communication networks.
- Knowledge in artificial intelligence and machine learning applied to communication system algorithm optimization.
- Experience in writing scientific publications.
- Strong MATLAB/Python programming skills and written/oral communication skills.
- Experience in designing and prototyping wireless communication systems.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time