- To conduct high quality, internationally competitive research as evidenced by top quality journal publications and other research outputs, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- The Postdoctoral Fellow will acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the faculty supervisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, and the ability to organize and teach a course.
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
The candidate will be working on specific tasks related to underwater robotics
The core responsibilities of the candidate will include:
- Developing Demo of Robotic harvesting of Crops and Fruits.
- Controlled Harvesting of Soft Fruits and Vegetables using Soft Robotic Grippers.
- Development of Advanced Navigation Algorithms for the monitoring systems in agriculture robotics
- Development of Advanced Guidance Algorithms for the Autonomous harvesting robots.
- Intervention of heterogeneous multi-robot systems in the Indoor and green house farming.
- Development of manipulation system for performing intervention operations (e.g. harvesting) in agriculture robotics
- Implement and validate in simulation and greenhouse conditions.
- Effectively collaborate within the KU and international collaborators to achieve project deliverables within prescribed timelines.
- Publish high-quality journal and international conference papers based on the obtained research results.
The general responsibilities include:
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team. Participates in problem definition, planning and execution of the research approach, execution of experiments, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance with KU policies and procedures.
- Regularly meetings with the Supervisor to communicate research results, to review focus, discuss concerns, troubleshoot and manage expectations.
- Publish research results in top journals in the field in a timely manner. Present research findings at meetings.
- Participate in writing grant applications.
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team and the Center.
- Undertake a limited amount of teaching in related subjects and mentors graduate students and/or undergraduate students.
- Performs other duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
- PhD Degree related to Robotics (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science. Mechatronics)
To include one or more of the following areas:
- Research excellence in robotics as evidenced by peer reviewed publications in top relevant journals, appropriate for career stage.
- Hands-on experience in algorithm development and implementation, for robot manipulation, grasping and/or heterogenous multi-robot collaborations.
- Experimental robotics
- Skills in ROS, ROS-based simulation systems, Gazebo and/or other robot simulation software
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com)
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time