- Full time, Fixed term role till December 2024 (with possible extension)
- Salary: Appropriate English Language Teacher Classification level based on qualifications and experience (up to AUD $91,068 + 11% super + teaching allowance of $6K)
- Successful candidate should be registered with Cambridge English as qualified tutor to deliver CELTA courses
- RMIT English Worldwide (REW) offers paid professional development and delivers an in-house curriculum.
- Great office location - Bourke Street Melbourne
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
- This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
- PLEASE NOTE: While applications will close at 11.59 PM on Sunday, 31st Dec 2023, applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as we will be conducting the interviews progressively as we come across a strong application. Applicants are therefore advised to submit their application well before the closing date.
About the Team
RMIT English Worldwide (REW)
The REW Academic English program provides students with the English and academic skills they need to succeed at university. Successfully completing REW's English for Academic Purposes program allows direct entry to university without having to sit a further external English language test.
The REW team is committed to excellence in delivery and in supporting students to achieve their academic goals. REW teachers are committed to providing a supportive environment in which students can achieve their potential.
Our Values - Passion | Impact | Inclusion | Integrity | Courage | Imagination
About the Role
A CELTA Tutor is responsible for delivering CELTA programs, both full time and part time, according to the requirements specified by Cambridge English. As also the Language Educator, they are also responsible for the informed delivery and associated administration of English language classes for international students under the guidance of the Deputy Director, REW, Academic Coordinators and/or delegated mentor.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional and exciting programs for students
- Embrace digital learning and teaching, whether in blended or online classes
- Committed to continuous professional development
- Have a growth mindset
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Bachelor degree or Diploma (equivalent to at least 3 years full-time study in duration)
- Recognised TESOL qualifications and experience which satisfy ELICOS National Standards, the NEAS Quality Assurance Framework, and other relevant regulatory and accrediting body requirements.
- Certification as a qualified, experienced and current CELTA Tutor (must be currently registered with Cambridge as qualified to deliver CELTA courses)
- Current Working with Children Clearance
- Sound knowledge of administrative requirements related to CELTA program delivery.
- Significant experience in teaching English for Academic Purposes
- Demonstrated ability to teach across a range of levels and programs
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of applications to design and deliver effective digital learning and teaching content in online and blended contexts
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound organisational, administrative and time management skills to enable satisfactory completion of teaching-related tasks
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Well-developed understanding of current teaching, learning and assessment theory and practice
- Demonstrated proactive approach to:
- Identifying own professional learning needs
- Seeking out and accessing relevant professional development opportunities and resources
- Reflecting on own teaching practice and applying good practice in teaching and assessment
- Supporting colleagues in furthering their professional development
- Ability to take on Main Course Tutor role
- TESOL experience in a range of contexts, including offshore
- Teacher training experience
- Qualifications at post-graduate diploma level or higher in Applied Linguistics, TESOL or Education
- Qualifications and experience in digital curriculum and/or assessment design and development
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link. For further information about this position, please see the Position Description below:
For more information:
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
RMIT Training is a successful provider of a range of education solutions supporting lifelong development goals to students, academics and professionals located in Melbourne and overseas.
Our people are integral to the success of our Company. We are experienced professionals who are committed to providing the highest standard of service and support to our clients and colleagues. At RMIT Training we offer a friendly, supportive and flexible working environment and culture with a range of employee benefits including access to health and wellbeing services and discounts, discounted travel, professional development opportunities and more.