The Department of English, Linguistics & Theatre Studies at the National University of Singapore invites exceptional candidates to apply for the position of Presidential Young Professor (PYP) at the rank of Assistant Professor, to commence in July 2024. Linguists of all research specializations are encouraged to apply.
The PYP scheme targets tenure-track faculty with outstanding research achievements, and offers a start-up package of up to SGD 750,000, and an award of SGD 250,000 for discretionary spending. Salaries are internationally competitive, with benefits including subsidized housing. The teaching load is 2:1 (one or two courses per semester, totaling three per academic year).
Applicants should submit the following documents:
1. A brief cover letter;
2. A complete CV;
3. A research statement and a three-years research plan;
4. Two signature publications by the applicant as lead author;
5. Three letters of recommendation. (If the applicant is two or more years post-PhD, the reviewers should not be limited to supervisors. The review should compare the research performance of the applicant to specific individuals at equivalent and top institutions and/or programs).
6. A completed Personal Particulars Form (https://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/applicationprocess/personal-particulars-form-academicstaff.doc)
7. A completed Personal Data Consent Form: https://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/applicationprocess/NUS-Personal-Data-Consent-for-Job-Applicants.pdf
For full consideration, please submit a complete application package (with all the above documents) at this website by January 30, 2024. Applications received after this date may still be considered until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact list for further enquiries
Enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about working at the National University of Singapore is available at https://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/whyjoinus.htm. The Department website can be found at https://fass.nus.edu.sg/elts/