We are currently seeking a Research Governance Officer to join our Research, Innovation and Enterprise (RIE) team to contribute to the delivery of the University’s Research and Innovation Strategy.
Our Research, Innovation and Enterprise (RIE) team at Edinburgh Napier supports the full research journey and research planning process – from helping academics with finding funding and writing proposals, through to help our researchers manage their projects and communicate their research results and impact. In addition, RIE supports research degree students and their supervisors to manage their projects and offers guidance to help academics develop research skills to achieve the university’s research goals.
Our Excellent Benefits
At ENU, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement, and offer other excellent benefits including:
- minimum of 41 days annual leave (including 10 fixed holidays at Easter and Christmas) and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- employer pension contributions of 20.8%
- a wide range of learning and development opportunities
- opportunity to join our staff inclusion and support networks (such as LGBT+, Women’s, BAMEish and many more)
- flexible discounts including shopping, restaurants, and other services, plus discounts on local and on-site gym facilities
- maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- option to opt into private healthcare scheme
The Research Governance Officer is a key role within the Research Innovation and Enterprise (RIE) Office ensuring our research ambitions are underpinned by strong research governance practices. Working closely with the Head of Research Governance and the Funding Support teams in RIE, the role holder will provide support to academic researchers engaged in research activities and will provide administrative support for the university’s research governance systems and processes.
The Research Governance Officer will support research quality and governance to meet the University strategic requirements and external compliance through:
- Acting as a key point of liaison University-wide, for research information and governance projects and issues.
- Ensuring data quality and processes are sufficiently accurate to meet statutory reporting needs for REF and other external audit requirements and provide a sound basis for senior strategic decision making.
- Development and application of Research Data Management and RIE aspects of open research across the University.
- Supporting assessment and compliance with national security and trusted research requirements
- Supporting and delivering communications and training and advocacy programmes to widen the impact of RIE’s Research information and governance provision.
For more information on the role, including main duties and responsibilities, click here.
What we will need from you
- An undergraduate degree in science or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience of conducting research or supporting research data management
- Experience of providing training and / or help desk support to internal colleagues.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels throughout and outside of the organisation.
If you’re interested in an informal discussion to learn more about the role, please contact Gráinne Barkess, Head of Research Environment and Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: £36,024 - £44,263
Application closing date: 3 December 2023
Interview date: 15 December 2023
If you have any questions, reach out to the Talent & Resourcing Team at email@example.com. Please put the role title‘ Research Governance Officer’ in the subject line.
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged, and supported and are holders of Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status. Please see here for more information.