Applications are invited for the following full-time position in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health:
Research Associate / Research Assistant (Health economics and medical innovation)
Research Assistant/Associate positions are available in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore, to support the Principal Investigator Assistant Professor Wang Yi in research projects in the areas of health economics, early health technology assessment and medical innovation development.
The research team works on the crossroads of health economics and medical innovation development. We work on diverse projects including theoretical framework development, method development, and empirical works in collaboration with clinicians, medical innovators, and decision makers.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform research administration, conduct research, communication with collaborators, disseminate research findings, and participation in capacity building through conducting workshops for local and regional participants. The projects assigned to the RAs will be aligned with their skillsets and career goals. The RAs will be involved in other projects as well for continuous learning and peer support.
The RAs will be presented with various opportunities to further develop their skills to ensure personal growth. We welcome academic creativity and will be highly supportive of candidates who wish to either pursue academia or desire for career progression. The team will also support the RAs to develop their own research ideas and projects provided they show self-motivation and a good understanding of the field.
- Applicants are expected to possess a master’s or bachelor’s degree in related field such as Economics/Health Economics/Public Health/Statistics. The grade of appointment will be accorded based on candidate’s academic qualifications and years of relevant experience.
Applicants with following experiences and skills are preferred:
- Experiences and/or research interest in health technology assessment, early health technology assessment, and/or medical innovation development
- Health economic modelling with Markov cohort model/ discrete event simulation
- Data analysis or data management using electronic medical records, clinical trial data, survey data, and observational data
- Systematic review and meta-analysis
- R, STATA, or other similar software
Recruitment is open immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please send
- Cover letter highlighting short-term and long-term career goals,
- Curriculum Vitae containing details of two named referees,
- A sample of published work and roles in the projects, if applicable.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants are expected to possess a master’s or bachelor’s degree in related field such as Economics/Health Economics/Public Health/Statistics. The grade of appointment will be accorded based on candidate’s academic qualifications and years of relevant experience.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
Department: Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
Job requisition ID: 21931