Energy Studies Institute
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute at the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis.
The ESI is looking to recruit an Engineer at the rank of Adjunct Senior Research Fellow. The appointed staff will operate under the responsibility of the Director and Division Heads and work closely with Programme Leads.
Candidates are expected to be highly familiar with energy technologies, and have had formal training in engineering, environmental science, decarbonization and sustainability analysis, or a closely related area. Experience of energy technology assessment, decarbonization analysis and energy systems at various scales would be preferable. An understanding of Singapore’s economic system, and local work experience is desirable.
- Support the energy system model integration for energy and decarbonization analysis, including the integration of bottom-up models and top-down models, national models and sectoral models.
- Support the decarbonization analysis for ASEAN countries and the international shipping sector.
- Support the analysis of technology supply options in the region, including regional power grid, hydrogen, carbon capture utilisation and storage (CCUS), solar power and natural gas markets.
- Support the analysis of ASEAN energy interconnection and energy security issues.
- Support the analysis of technology options and related policy in other key jurisdictions’ carbon neutral and decarbonisation strategies.
- Explore the collaboration with external parties on studying ASEAN’s regional energy system and decarbonization issues.
- Possess a Master or PhD degree in Engineering, Statistics, energy and climate economics, or other related research fields
- A good understanding and interest in energy and environmental issues, such as energy supply, demand, trade, efficiency, energy and environment relations, and climate change.
- At least ten years of working experience in energy technology assessment, decarbonization analysis, energy system modelling and analysis, and related fields.
- Relevant working and practical experience in industry or government agencies in thee area of energy and environment in Singapore would be highly valuable.
- Track record of publications in reputable energy, environmental and/or systems modelling-related journals would be an advantage.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in one PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Department: Energy Studies Institute
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 22724