School of Engineering
- Level B, full-time appointment on fixed term basis for 2 years
- Base salary range: $108,509 – $128,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The UWA School of Engineering is renowned for its award-winning researchers, teachers and facilities. It is a multidisciplinary school offering education and research in a number of engineering disciplines. This includes civil, environmental, mining, chemical mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering. Successful applicants will work primarily in the Fluid Science and Resources Research (FSRR) Group (http://www.fsr.ecm.uwa.edu.au/) which primarily conducts research across the resources industry as well as the Future Energy Exports CRC. The relevant theme to this project is the development of hydrogen production and export technology.
About the opportunity
As the appointee, you will conduct and lead an experimental campaign to measure the vapor-liquid and vapor-solid (freeze-out) equilibria and speed of sound of mixed refrigerant mixtures, including hydrogen, helium, and neon at temperature conditions between (100 and 15) K, pressures up to 10 MPa, and various compositions. You will also provide an assessment of the available thermophysical property data for these mixed refrigerant mixtures and the performance of existing models.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering
- Strong track record of research publication relative to opportunity
- Expertise in experimental thermophysical property measurements, preferably at cryogenic temperatures
- Experience with the assessment of thermophysical data and models, as well as model development and tuning
- Experience with high-pressure and cryogenic equipment and handling of flammable gas
- Ability to manage research projects and assist in supervision of research students
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Research Fellow (Fluid Science and Resources).pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Wednesday, 6 December 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Saif Al Ghafri at email@example.com
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.