KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on agri robotics The core responsibilities of the candidate will include:
The candidate will be working on specific tasks related to underwater robotics
The core responsibilities of the candidate will include:
- To develop AI-driven algorithms for autonomous disease detection in strawberries.
- To integrate AI framework on the robotic platform to enable real-time autonomous disease inspection using robot vision.
- To generate intellectual property on the developed solution and to initiate a startup.
- Developing Demo of Robotic harvesting of Crops and Fruits.
- Controlled Harvesting of Soft Fruits and Vegetables using Soft Robotic Grippers.
- Intervention in Indoor Farms through Human-Robot Interactions
- Development of Advanced Navigation Algorithms for the monitoring systems in agriculture robotics
- Development of Advanced Guidance Algorithms for the Autonomous harvesting robots.
- Intervention of heterogeneous multi-robot systems in the Indoor and greenhouse farming.
- Development of manipulation system for performing intervention operations (e.g. harvesting) in agriculture robotics
- Implement and validate in simulation and greenhouse conditions.
- Effectively collaborate within the KU and international collaborators to achieve project deliverables within prescribed timelines.
- Publish high-quality journal and international conference papers based on the obtained research results.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the KUCARS (https://www.ku.ac.ae/kucars) and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team. Participates in problem definition, planning and execution of the research approach, execution of experiments, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance with KU policies and procedures.
- Regularly meetings with the Supervisor to communicate research results, to review focus, discuss concerns, troubleshoot and manage expectations.
- Publish research results in top journals in the field in a timely manner. Present research findings at meetings.
- Participate in writing grant applications.
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team and the Center.
- Undertake a limited amount of teaching in related subjects and mentors graduate students and/or undergraduate students.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics or related discipline.
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field.
- Research excellence in robotics as evidenced by peer reviewed publications in top relevant journals, appropriate for career stage.
- Hands-on experience in algorithm development and implementation, for robot manipulation, deep learning and computer vision.
- Experimental robotics
- Skills in ROS, ROS-based simulation systems, Gazebo and/or other robot simulation software
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time