Human Resources Coordinator
About the job
Times Higher Education is the data provider underpinning university excellence in every continent across the world. As the company behind the world’s most influential university rankings, and with five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
We succeed by working together and collaborating across teams and global locations. We’re excited about the future. We embrace new ideas, innovative ways of working, and open technologies so that we can help every educator in the world to raise global teaching standards.
We are diverse, we come from different backgrounds and different countries. We are data scientists, journalists, designers, salespeople, events managers, software engineers and more. Together, we are socially engaged and united by our passion to support academics, universities, and students.
Salary: £30,000 - 35,000, depending on experience
Hybrid / London
THE is looking for a friendly and passionate People Coordinator to join our expanding global People team (some say small but perfectly formed). This is an exciting opportunity to support our People Advisors with all aspects of the People function across the globe.
We have offices in London, Bristol, Leeds, Washington DC, Singapore and Melbourne and this role is very much a support function to all teams.
This is a great opportunity for an HR enthusiast who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is keen to get stuck in! No two days are the same! You need to have great attention to detail, be a self-starter, operate with discretion and of course, be a great communicator. You’ll have had experience working in a People team and looking for your next step up!
This is a great learning environment with the opportunity to get involved in all areas of the employment cycle not just in the UK but across our global offices too. The role will be hybrid. Initially up to 2 days per week in the London office.
- Supporting with the end-to-end recruitment process from job requisition to advertisement to co-ordination of interviews / meetings where required
- Generating all contractual paperwork and onboarding paperwork in a timely manner ensuring new candidates have a positive experience as they prepare to join us
- Supporting with the onboarding process to include right to work requirements and delivering the induction when required
- Supporting with the probation process to ensure that regular check ins occur and that the new joiner and manager have clear expectations on what to expect during the first 6 months
- Maintaining the HRIS to ensure all data is accurate and updated in a timely manner with new starters, leavers, changes etc.
- Responsible for all day-to-day people related administration relating to our teams e.g., family leave, staff changes, promotions, leavers etc.
- Supporting the payroll processes and liaising with the Payroll and Benefits manager to ensure all payroll changes are processed in a timely manner
- Supporting with embedding our Diversity and Inclusion standards and developing THE Mental Health & Wellbeing initiatives
- Assisting with reporting and analysis relating to staff turnover, headcount growth, etc.
- Supporting with social events as required
- Supporting with HR/People projects when required
Experience & Skills:
- Proven experience in a People/HR role or similar people-focused administrative position
- Keen interest in People & Culture
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Experience working in a complex organisation structure
- An eye for detail and a can-do attitude along with the ability to persevere until a task is complete
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload and conflicting business demands
- Adapt to business needs as they happen
- Able to deal with people at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information sensitively and discreetly
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical with the ability to manage and interpret data
- Experience of working with HRIS (Iris HR Pro desirable)
- An L&D, HR or Business Administration Qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and a mindful employer to help support THE achieve this.