Job no: 0055034
Role type: Part-time (0.8 FTE); Continuing
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department: Department of Nursing, Melbourne Medical School
Salary: Level A – $101,460.00 - $108,906.00 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% super
- Support in coordinating professional experience placements for students enrolled in the Master of Nursing Science.
- Actively contribute to the scholarship of learning and teaching in the discipline and across the Melbourne School of Health Science
- Salary packaging, subsidised health and wellbeing services, fitness and cultural clubs, Myki discounts, and a 25% discount on graduate courses to our staff and their immediate families!
About the Role
We are seeking a dynamic professional to join the Department of Nursing at The University of Melbourne's Parkville campus and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of nursing education. The Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the coordination, assessment, and evaluation of clinical placements for Master of Nursing Science students. This position also offers the opportunity to engage in diverse responsibilities, including staying current in your field, participating in professional organisations, contributing to strategic planning, and preparing scholarly papers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and oversee professional experience placements for Master of Nursing Science students, ensuring quality and adherence to the University's framework
- Actively contribute to the scholarship of learning and teaching within the discipline and the Melbourne School of Health Science
- Maintain a well-established professional profile as an expert in clinical nursing education and promote inter-professional learning and practice
- Engage in a broad range of responsibilities, from staying clinically competent to participating in scholarly activities, strategic planning, and representing the University on clinical agency committees
Who We Are Looking For
You have strong interpersonal abilities, able to foster productive partnerships and maintain a student-centered approach. Your commitment to innovation and teamwork, alongside your capacity to show initiative, will drive excellence in work-integrated learning and clinical practice. Your effective management skills and collaborative spirit will ensure the seamless operation of the clinical placement program.
You will also have:
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent qualification
- Recent clinical experience in acute medical or surgical nursing as a Registered Nurse
- Proven record of professional achievement in nursing practice
- Demonstrated ability to foster partnerships, manage clinical placements, and exhibit innovation with a strong student-centered approach
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check to ensure the University provides a safe environment for everyone.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – Department of Nursing
The Department of Nursing at The University of Melbourne is a leading academic institution dedicated to advancing the education and practice of nursing through innovative clinical practice and practice-based research. The philosophy of nursing at The University of Melbourne is that clinical practice and practice-based research are integral to the educational preparation of all nurses at all levels of professional practice.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the email address listed at the bottom of the page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit -https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Tara via email at Faculties-TA@unimelb.edu.au, ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
If you have any particular questions regarding the job please follow the details listed on the Position Description.
Applications close: 1 December 2023 11:55 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Position Description: 0055034 Coordinator, Professional Experience Placement_PD.pdf