37 Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics
Startdate: 01.08.2024 | Working hours: 40 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited until: 31.07.2030
Reference no.: 1601
Among the many reasons to research and teach at the University of Vienna there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for continuous striving for top international research and scientific excellence. At the same time they enjoy support and liberties that are not a given at other institutions. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of play:
The Department of Finance at the University of Vienna invites applications for the position at the assistant professor level ("University Assistant") in Finance.
The contract is fixed-term and limited to 6 years. Applicants should have completed (or should be close to completing) a PhD in finance or economics.
We offer a stimulating research environment including a weekly research seminar series, a PhD program (https://www.vgsf.ac.at) research funding, and a low teaching load. For further information about the Department of Finance, see our website at https://finance.univie.ac.at.
Your future tasks:
Active participation in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- You build up an independent research profile in the field of finance.
- You publish internationally and give lectures.
- You hold courses independently within the scope of the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
- You supervise your students at the University of Vienna.
- You participate in evaluation measures and in quality assurance.
This is part of your personality:
- Completed doctoral/PhD studies (or close to completion) in the field of finance or economics
- Outstanding dissertation
- Didactic skills / experience in e-learning
- IT skills and excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of German is a significant advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English (C1) / other foreign language
- Team player and high social/communicative skills
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours.
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fixed-term contract and fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 4,351.90 (14 times a year) for a period of 6 years..
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your scientific curriculum vitae / letter of intent
- With your summary of research interests (mas. 1p.)
- With your job market paper
- Contact details of persons who could provide reference letters
- Via our job portal/ Apply now - button
If you have any content questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 12/17/2023