Research Fellow / Engineer (XR Engine and Application)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to develop software platforms for supporting multi-user AR/VR applications.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Design and develop AR/VR software solutions for online education, team collaboration, and workplace training with a focus on real-time interactive simulation.
- Build infrastructure for real-time interactions, scripting tools, backend web services, and frontend applications.
- Design and implement spatial interactions using 3D game engines, modelling animation tools and shader programming.
- Documentation and optionally publishing paper to international conferences/journals.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- A degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Strong knowledge in C++ will be an advantage
- 3D engine development experience
- Familiarity with core engine technologies such as engine architecture, multi threading, streaming, computer graphics and advanced real-time rendering techniques
- Experience developing optimized modules in C#/C++ within Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- Experience with database management systems
- Experience with software development life cycle