Post Doctoral Fellow - Li Qi Project, School of Management and Economics
We aims to research how Chinese firms and multinational corporations (MNCs) respond to the pressures and challenges from the government and key global stakeholders in complex institutional environments (e.g., the wave of "De-globalization"), and to study the related strategy formulation, implementation, and performance.
Post Doc Fellow
Applicants should have:
- Ph.D. in economics or management. Preference will be given to candidates who are interested and willing to participate in business school research. Returnee PhDs will be additionally supported to apply for the New Peacock Plan (Kongque Jihua) Fund;
- Solid foundation in mathematical statistics and econometrics: ability to skillfully use Stata for panel data analysis and familiarity with endogeneity issue treatment, e.g. instrumental variables, DID, etc.;
- Proficient command of Python or R, specifically for text analysis;
- Considerable understanding and knowledge of China's business, corporate, and institutional environments, and familiarity with relevant academic literature;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, research, and analytical skills. Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and have a certain degree of stress tolerance. Ability to work independently and take the initiative to follow up on the progress of each research project.
Job Duties include:
- Assist in completing research tasks, including but not limited to literature research, writing codes, collecting and analyzing data;
- Follow up on the schedule and deliverables of each project. Design research using appropriate research methodology;
- Under the premise of spare capacity and interest, independently carry out research projects and apply for funds. The professor can provide the necessary guidance and resources.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Salary will be comparable to international standards, commensurate with experience and accomplishments. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-Shenzhen, and employee benefits will be provided according to the relevant labor laws of Mainland China as well as CUHK-Shenzhen regulations.
Please prepare for CV in Chinese AND English and an application letter for the position and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications/nominations will begin immediately and will continue until the post is filled.