Post Doctoral Fellow, Han Jiang Project, School of Management and Economics
Professor Han Jiang is an Associate Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship and Presidential Fellow at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen). He received his doctorate degree from W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University. Before joining CUHK Shenzhen, he serviced on the faculty of Tulane University and the University of Arizona, and held the Irving H. LaValle Endowed Professorship in Business Administration at Tulane University.
Professor Jiang’s current research primarily focuses on four major topics and the conjunctions thereof: (1) social network and social capital, (2) corporate governance and strategic leadership, (3) venture financing and entrepreneurial decisions, and (4) global value chains. Over the past ten years, he has published over a dozen academic papers on leading academic journals, such as Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Production and Operations Management, Journal of Management, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Global Strategy Journal, Academy of Management Discoveries, among others. He currently serves as a senior editor of Asia Pacific Journal of Management. He is also a member of the editorial review board of Strategic Management Journal and Management and Organization Review. He has also been serving on the macro research committee of IACMR since 2021, and will serve as the BPS track chair of 2024 Asia Academy of Management biannual conference.
For more detailed information of Professor Jiang, please refer to his personal website: https://sites.google.com/view/hanjiang/home
Post Doc Fellow
Applicants should have:
- Received Ph.D. in economics, management (macro-track, e.g., strategy, entrepreneurship, international business, organization theory, etc.), finance, accounting, operations management, and/or management science over the past three years or upon reporting to the position. Preference will be given to candidates with prior publication experience on noticeable academic outlets;
- Excellent writing skills in both Chinese and English;
- Solid foundation in mathematical statistics and econometrics;
- Proficient coding and programming skills (especially with Python). Strong preference will be given to candidates with expertise and experience in large-scale data mining, text analysis and machine learning algorithms;
- Considerable understanding and knowledge of China's business, corporate, and institutional environments, and familiarity with relevant academic literature;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, research, and analytical skills. Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and have a certain degree of stress tolerance. Ability to work independently and take the initiative to follow up on the progress of each research project.
Job Duties include:
The major research direction for this position will be focusing on studying how Chinese firms construct and reconstruct their global value networks facing the dramatic changes in domestic and international environments. Applicants will join Professor Jiang as coauthors in working projects targeting at leading academic journals (especially UTD and FT listed journals). Applicants are expected to:
- Assist in completing research tasks, including but not limited to literature research, conducting interviews and field trips, data mining and analysis;
- Follow up on the schedule and deliverables of each project. Design research using appropriate research methodology;
- Under the premise of spare capacity and interest, independently carry out research projects and apply for funds. The professor can provide the necessary guidance and resources.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Salary will be comparable to international standards, commensurate with experience and accomplishments. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-Shenzhen, and employee benefits will be provided according to the relevant labor laws of Mainland China as well as CUHK-Shenzhen regulations.
Please prepare for CV in English, application form, two referees’ contact information, and an English writing sample, and send to email@example.com. The writing sample should be a complete working paper (ready for journal submission) or a published work. The applicant should be the leading author or corresponding author of the writing sample.
Review of applications/nominations will begin immediately and will continue until the post is filled.