Post Doctoral Fellow, Zhao Yongjuan Project, School of Medicine
Professor Zhao Yongjuan, the supervisor of the research group, has been interested in the signaling functions of the essential metabolite, NAD. The group dedicates in new ADP-ribose cyclase discovery, enzymatic and structural characterization, tool development and functional studies. They have comprehensive technical platforms in molecular cell biology, biochemistry, chemical biology, physiology, biophysics, etc. Research models include cell, Drosophila, and mouse models of neurodegenerative diseases, aging, and cancer. They have published more than 40 SCI papers in journals such as Nature Communications, PNAS, eLife and Science Signaling. Personal homepage: https://lhs.cuhk.edu.cn/teacher/191
Post Doc Fellow
Applicants should have:
- A PhD degree in a relevant research area, including molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, neurobiology, etc;
- A track record of peer-reviewed publications;
- Self-motivation in research;
- Good presentation and writing skills in English or Chinese.
Job Duties include:
- Conduct academic research under the guidance of the PI of the research group;
- Apply for postdoctoral funding projects;
- Instruct laboratory students on research projects;
- Assist in organizing academic activities (e.g., academic speech and conferences);
- Other academic and managing tasks assigned by the PI.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Salary will be comparable to international standards, commensurate with experience and accomplishments. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-Shenzhen, and employee benefits will be provided according to the relevant labor laws of Mainland China as well as CUHK-Shenzhen regulations.
Please prepare for CV in English, and two referees’ contact information, and send to email@example.com.
Review of applications/nominations will begin immediately and will continue until the post is filled.