Research Assistant, Admin - Department of Pharmacology
- Full Time
Assist senior staff in providing administrative support to various research studies and clinical trials undertaken by Memory Aging and Cognition Centre (MACC), an established clinical and translational research centre based at NUHS and funded by the NMRC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Grant administration and finance related matters:
- Assist in administering and managing grant accounts
- Perform general financial accounting operations on research accounts.
- Keeping record of all transactions occurred within each research account.
- Ensure all expenses are in line with the grantor and institution policy.
- Submit cash flow projection, quarterly claims and annual report on time.
- Assist Principal Investigator in grant application from budgeting to collating document for submission.
- Assist Principal Investigator in preparing annual report and prepare grant variation request when required
- Assist NUHS Research Office to answer any grant related query from the funding agencies.
B. HR related matters:
- Assist in the recruitment of new staff, from advertising the post, becoming the contact point, arranging the interview, hiring paperwork, preparing the workstation and access required for new staff in order to perform his/her duties.
- Perform fund check for the new hiring to ensure that the fund is sufficient to employ the new staff.
- Managing staff's contract period and renewal with endorsement from the authority.
- Arrange raining schedule for staff, which is required by the institution in order to perform their duties, e.g. BCLS, GCP, etc.
C. General admin support for MACC operation:
- Handle research space planning and management including workstations, wet lab benches, assessment rooms, meeting rooms.
- Being the initial point of contact for any issue raised by the research team.
- Ensure the office/research supplies are sufficient to support the ongoing research.
- Handle procurement system and ensure that the procurement is in line with the procurement guidelines, including but not limited to obtaining quotation, raising PO, follow up with the vendors, and submitting invoice for payment.
- Maintain MACC assets and assist in asset verification exercise.
D. IT related matters:
- Handle IT paperwork required to get certain access to NUS/NUH system, e.g. request to setup a new laptop, complete the IT form to get access for systems, etc.
E. Education Research
- To prepare DSRB/IRB-related to education research projects
- To take care of budgets and grants of education-related projects.
- To ensure accounts are setup for medical, nursing and pharmacy students using the Virtual Integrated Patient (VIP) Platform.
F. Other duties as assigned by senior staff/MACC Director.
- A Bachelor degree.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Knowledge of grant administration and grant finance is an added advantage.
- Meticulous, possess excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 19924