Research Fellow (Extreme Event Attribution)
- Full Time
- Conduct attribution analysis of compound climate extreme events
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Possess a recognised PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Geography, or other related disciplines.
- Preferably having relevant research/industry experience with competent knowledge in some of the following areas: civil engineering, climate science, hydrological and water resources management, GIS, geography, etc.
- Prior experience/knowledge of the following models, software/programming languages will be preferred.
- Extreme value analysis.
- Rainfall-runoff modelling
- Data analysis tools such as MATLAB
- Programming languages such as python, C++ and/or FORTRAN
- High-performance computing
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and collaborate effectively within a team environment
- Resourcefulness and self-motivation, coupled with a strong sense of professional integrity.
- Open to fixed-term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21872