Research Fellow / Research Associate (Biostatistician)
2 days left
- Full Time
We intend to recruit a full-time Research Fellow/Research Associate (biostatistician) for the lead faculty of the ADVANcing Clinical Evidence in Infectious Diseases Network (ADVANCE-ID).
ADVANCE ID is jointly funded by the Wellcome Trust and Singapore institutions including the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health and Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. The vision of the Network is to improve public health by developing the clinical evidence base for the prevention and treatment of drug-resistant infections. Its mission is to build and sustain a strategic clinical research network focussed on most efficiently delivering locally relevant interventions for drug-resistant infections. The Network aims to improve and strengthen clinical research capabilities in the region by acting as a platform to develop good principles and practices. It will stabilise capacity and capabilities to mitigate inefficiencies in trial start-up phase and loss of skillset following study closure, as in typical trial setup. The Network will continuously develop its capabilities, quality and efficiency by learning from and collaborating with other clinical trial networks. In the long term, the Network aims to support broader infectious disease studies by expanding geographically beyond its original starting point in South East Asia and collaborating with other networks around the world. It will function as an active network that involves patients in platform trials, allowing for rapid clinical research response in the event of an emerging infectious disease or pandemic threat.
The current lead faculty of the Network are Professor David Paterson (Director) and Dr Mo Yin (Deputy Director). The biostatistician will be working closely with the Network directors and manager (Dr Ding Ying) to deliver ADVANCE ID’s aims and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Development and review of statistical analysis plans, study protocol
- Provide input into development of case report forms (CRFs) and other specific specifications and plans.
- Contribute to clinical study protocols and clinical study reports.
- Provide statistical input and review for complex studies.
- Accountable for the performance and results at a study level.
- Maintain expertise in state-of-the-art data manipulations and statistical analysis.
- Make recommendations or resolve technical, quality, and timeline issues.
- Consult with business development with respect to bids and timelines.
- Oversee large scale projects to deliver the project statistician tasks/responsibilities.
- Provide statistical input into other disciplines activities and participate in interdepartmental processes.
- Create automated processes, codes, and calculations with minimum oversight.
- Perform simulations to assess various study design options and analysis approaches.
- Monitor discretionary spending in team to ensure that spending is within budget.
- Provide statistical consultation for ad hoc analysis requests including design of appropriate analysis to answer relevant questions.
- Develop trial designs that address study objectives that will support regulatory approval and market access.
- Commensurate experience (5 years) in clinical research.
- Experience with predictive modeling and can use critical thinking to assist with clinical trial design.
- Familiar with data sets, computing, statistics, and writing protocols.
The grade of appointment will be accorded based on candidate's academic qualifications and years of relevant experience.
Master's or doctoral degree in computer science or statistics.
Contact list for further enquiries
Hiring Manager: [[Dr Ding Ying]]
Hiring Manager Email: [[email@example.com]]