37 Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics
Startdate: 01.10.2024 | Working hours: 40 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited until: 30.09.2028
Reference no.: 1493
Among the many reasons to research and teach at the University of Vienna there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for continuous striving for top international research and scientific excellence. At the same time they enjoy support and liberties that are not a given at other institutions. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of play:
Your future position is at the Vienna Center for Experimental Economics (VCEE), which is part of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics. We provide the infrastructure for conducting experimental research at the University of Vienna. Information about the VCEE can be found at https://vcee.univie.ac.at
Your future tasks:
Active participation in research & administration, which means:
- You conduct research in the field of Experimental Economics.
- You manage research projects and maintain the laboratory infrastructure together with a second laboratory manager.
- You maintain the subject database and recruit new subjects.
- You support and advise on experimentation in Economics to (internal and external) people interested in Experimental Economics.
- You manage a team of laboratory assistants.
- You take care of the laboratory hardware and software in cooperation with the IT Service of the University.
- You monitor the VCEE finances.
This is part of your personality:
- Completed doctoral/PhD studies in Economics (before starting your employment)
- Experience in Experimental Economics
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge of German is an asset but not required.
- IT and programming skills
- Management skills
- Team player and high social/communicative skills
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours, remote/hybrid and/or part-time work (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 4,351.90 (14 times a year for senior scientists postdoctoral) increases, if we can credit professional experience.
Possibility of extension: The four-year fixed-term contract can be extended for another two years upon positive evaluation.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your scientific curriculum vitae that details your education and list of publications.
- With your letter of motivation.
- With up to two selected research papers.
- With three letters of reference that should be sent by the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (stating the job ID in the subject of the email)
- Via our job portal/ Apply now - button
If you have any content questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 02/16/2024