Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU) is one of only three Sino-American universities with all English instruction approved by the Ministry of Education in China.The College of Business and Public Management is an AACSB-accredited business school. We invite applications for full-time positions at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure track) or Lecturer in Business Law to begin in Spring or Fall 2024.Applicants with demonstrated high quality teaching are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be able to teach business law and ethics courses, as well as participate in the full range of faculty responsibilities. JD or LLM degree from an accredited law school and seasoned industry or teaching experience are required; an experience waiver is granted to those who graduated in the top 10% of the class by July 2024.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Business faculty positions at WKU offer:
- Extremely competitive salaries that are multi-year contracts, the income of which may be exempt from Chinese income tax per applicable tax treaty.
- Generous home leave, housing, schooling, and relocation allowances, as well as 8% front-load retirement benefits with immediate vesting.
- Substantial research funding, including a startup grant up to RMB 80,000.
- The opportunity to teach high quality students with more than half of them admitted to graduate schools at the Top 50 Universities in the world.
A branch of Kean University (USA), WKU sits on over 500 beautiful acres with new state-of-the-art facilities (http://www.wku.edu.cn/en/cbpm/). A city of nine million people, Wenzhou is only one hour by plane and just over three hours by high-speed train from Shanghai and Hong Kong.
To receive full consideration by the search committee, candidates need to submit the following documents by email to: Search Committee Chairperson at email@example.com.
- Cover letter
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Unofficial transcripts
- Contact information for three references
- Research statement
Official transcripts for terminal degrees and three current letters of recommendation are required before appointment.
Wenzhou-Kean University is an Equal Opportunity Employer