Department Name: Nursing College
The College of Nursing is the fifth college Qatar University Health Cluster (QU Health). It is fully aligned with Qatar’ s national strategies in Education and Health, as well as Qatar University’s strategic plan. The college of nursing aspires to be a model for education, research, and service excellence and to deliver innovative academic nursing programs, which meet international standards. As national college, we strive to achieve excellence while meeting our mandate, to provide our graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent nurses, to meet the health care needs of this society.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stimulate and support excellence and integrity in teaching, learning, research and University service, and foster a climate that encourages faculty, staff and students to identify and pursue innovation in these activities.
- Lead the academic planning process of the College by initiating discussions, defining priorities, and developing and articulating its vision.
- Initiate and oversee activities designed to improve teaching skills within the College and ensure that teaching methods are state-of-the-art.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development of research activity to capitalize upon the expertise, interests and resources of the College and to ensure alignment with the Universityâs research strategy.
- Play a proactive role in increasing funding support to the College through government, industry and other funding sources and work collaboratively with academic, industry and public sector partners to further enhance the research profile of the College, and expand and improve its infrastructure.
- Promote the research activities of faculty members and ensure that their contributions to the success of the College is known and celebrated within the University and the broader community.
- Ensure cooperative integration among the centers, support units, and academic units within and related to the College.
- Continue to seek opportunities to develop and continue interdisciplinary research and teaching initiatives with other Faculties, Colleges, Schools and Institutes within Qatar University.
- Ensure effective communication and engagement with students, faculty and staff members.
- Develop, manage and ensure effective administration and accountability of the Collegeâs budget and resources andsupport, regularly assess and ensure effective College governance.
- Ensure appropriate and efficient organization and assignment of staff responsibilities, effective management, commitment to staff development and administration of collective agreements and personnel policies.
- Ensure recruitment and appointment processes are undertaken with the aim to attract the highest possible caliber of faculty and staff and that the process itself is reflective of equity, diversity and University policy.
- Build effective relationships, promote and advocate for the College to a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including senior administration, associate deans, department chairs, faculty and staff, students, alumni, professional associations, the media, community leaders, and educational and other key institutions, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Participate in the development of University strategy and policy as a member of the Universityâs senior management team.
- Prepare a semiannual report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs on the status and future of the collegeâs academic programs of the college.
- Meet regularly with the college Department Heads and review theirshort and long-term goals for the college.
- Recommend to Vice President for Academic Affairs the appointment of Department Heads.
- Review academic promotions dossiers prepared by the Department Heads and submit his/her recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates as appropriate according to scheduled plans and recommend actions as per applied HR policies.
- Identify staff training needs and plan for appropriate training to be provided in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally requiredin order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
- A doctorate degree is necessary.
- Extensive academic leadership experience is necessary to relate to a range of internal and external partners and promote excellence, equity, diversity and inclusion among faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in an academic leadership role (Department Chair, Associate Dean or Dean) with a record of superior leadership in academic planning and implementation, collegial engagement, and the ability to see the bigger picture and long-term outlook.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Highest Academic Qualification.
- Current Curriculum Vitae with Cover letter.
- Teaching,research, and service philosophy.
- Three refereesâ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.However, if no course work was completed,an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual air tickets for candidate and dependents according to QUHR policies.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members according to QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.