Assistant at Department of Romance Languages and Literatures
Department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures – Faculty of Arts
Deadline: 20 Oct 2023
Start date: February 1, 2024
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position
Department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University
Working time: 1,0
Start date: February 1, 2024
Number of open positions: 1
Application deadline: October 20, 2023
The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures of the Faculty of Arts is looking for an assistant with a focus on teaching French as a foreign language to undergraduate students. The prerequisite is the completion of a Master's degree in French Language and Literature, Teaching French for Secondary Schools or Teaching French to Foreigners (in case of applicants from abroad). Experience in practical language teaching at university is an advantage.
MAIN JOB CONTENT
- Participation in teaching practical language courses for Bachelor's students (normative grammar, vocabulary, written expression).
- Supervising and opposing bachelor theses.
- Participation in the organizational support of teaching activities within the department.
- Previous publishing is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Willingness to participate in the publication and grant activities of other members of the department.
- Participation in daily administrative tasks of the department within the academic position as indicated by the head of the department.
- Administration of one’s own taught courses (e-learning, etc.), communication with students via IS MUNI.
- Participation in the promotion of the program and its studies at the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
- The prerequisite is the completion of a Master's degree in French Language and Literature, Teaching French for Secondary Schools or Teaching French to Foreigners (in the case of applicants from abroad).
- Experience in teaching French to university students is an advantage.
- Previous work experience is not required, but is an advantage.
- Knowledge of other Romance languages is an advantage.
Requirements related to job content:
- Common IT skills at user level with office and communication applications (MS Office, MS Teams, Zoom, etc.).
- Ability to use modern teaching tools and materials.
- Encouraging students to actively engage in classroom debates.
- Conceptuality and systematicity in own pedagogical work.
- Organisational skills.
- Diligence, responsibility, reliability, patience and empathy in dealing with people.
The advantage is:
- Previous experience of working in an academic environment.
- Experience in other areas of education.
- employment in a prestigious institution that received the international HR Excellence in Research Award
- friendly and inspiring work environment: space for realizing your own professional growth (without predetermined thematic restrictions)
- openness to suggestions in the field of teaching, science and popularization of the program
- convenient location of the faculty in the city centre
- friendly approach to balancing work and personal life
- stable work environment in a respected institution
- participation in research in prestigious projects
- 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, flexible working hours with the possibility to work partly from home for better work life balance, meal allowance in the salary or for meals in canteens, pension insurance contribution, selected vaccinations free of charge, favourable mobile tariffs Vodafone, Multisport card, sports lessons organized by the Faculty of Sports Studies, the possibility to place your child in the nursery school Elánek near the faculty.
Training and Development
- Opportunities for training and personal development, e.g., language and other courses provided by MU, use of MU libraries, use of placements and mobilities abroad, participation in conferences, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application via the electronic application link by 20. 10. 2023 (please use the link in the Electronic Application section below) and please attach all required documents.
The following documents are required as a part of your application:
- cover letter
- a structured CV with an overview of previous experience
- copies of documents on education (scans of diplomas)
Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance to your e-mail address. After the e-application deadline, you will receive information about the next steps.
If you are unsure, please contact the FF MU Personnel Office: Mgr. Eva Brázdová Urbanová, e-mail: email@example.com, tel.: +420 549 49 5227
- submitting of all required documents in the e-application
- compliance of the candidate's profile with the requirements for the job as stated above
Provision of the required documents when submitting the e-application:
In case of non-delivery of documents when submitting the e-application, the candidate may be asked to provide them at most once by a certain date. If they fail to submit the materials by this deadline, they will not be included in the next round of the selection procedure.
Suitable candidates will be invited to a personal interview, which may also take the form of a videoconference.
Selection procedures rules at the Faculty of Arts of MU can be found on our careers page here.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY, THE FACULTY AND THE DEPARTMENT
Masaryk University is the second largest university in the Czech Republic, with 10 faculties and a number of other specialized units, more than 6,000 employees and 32,000 students. We are a university with a wide range of research areas in the humanities and natural sciences and a strong international position. Our mission is to provide education and research of the highest quality.
The Faculty of Arts of Masaryk University is one of the four founding faculties of Masaryk University and since its foundation in 1919 it has been not only an important centre of humanities and social science education, science, research and development, but also an institution that actively participates in shaping the cultural life of the city and the region.
Traditionally, it has been profiled as a research-oriented faculty generating approximately one fifth of MU's research volume. The faculty has more than 600 employees and by the student population of over 6,000 is the largest faculty at the university.
Since 2021, the faculty has been the proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission.
You can find out more information about the faculty on the website https://www.phil.muni.cz/en/ or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FacultyofArtsMasarykUniversity.
For information on HR work set according to European standards, visit the HR Award faculty website:
The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures of the Faculty of Arts is one of the leading institutions in teaching and research in the field. We offer a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs covering both well known and less common Romance languages, as well as doctoral programs in Romance languages and Romance literatures. We carry out our own research projects and collaborate with international partner institutions. For more information about the department, see: https://romanistika.phil.muni.cz
Contact person at the workplace for any questions applicants may have about the position:
doc. Mgr. Ivo Buzek, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org