Post-Doctoral Associate in the Division of Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Full Time
The Communication Theory and Technologies (CT&T) Research Group in the Division of Engineering, New York University Abu Dhabi, seeks to recruit three Post-Doctoral Associates. The candidates will be under the supervision of CT&T Research Group Director Professor Murat Uysal and are expected to carry out cutting-edge research on the physical layer design of optical wireless communication systems as enablers of wireless access/backhaul of 6G networks.
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications or related field
- Proven track record of publications in relevant IEEE journals and conferences
- Strong background in communication theory, signal processing, wireless/optical communications, and communication system engineering
- Extensive experience in PHY layer algorithm design and performance analysis
- Strong verbal and written skills in English
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and capacity to pursue independent research
In addition to above qualifications, it is highly desirable that the applicants have prior research experience in one or more of the following research topics:
- Optical wireless communication (FSO or VLC)
- DSP for coherent optical communication
- MMW/THz communication
- Machine learning for wireless communications
- Reconfigurable intelligent surfaces
- MIMO communications
- Energy harvesting communication
- Non-terrestrial networks
- Underwater acoustic/optical communication
All three positions will begin on September 01, 2023, and are renewable depending on performance. These positions will be based at New York University in Abu Dhabi, and the candidates must be ready to relocate to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The terms of employment are very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children. Applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered until the positions are filled. To be considered, all applicants must submit the following documents in PDF format, via Interfolio.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae with full publication list
- BSc, MSc and PhD transcripts
- Research statement
- Contact details of at least three references
Questions regarding specifics for this position may be directed to Professor Murat Uysal at firstname.lastname@example.org
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.