Research Associate in Energy Studies Institute (MARKAL)
Energy Studies Institute (ESI)
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute at the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for a Research Associate to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on various energy issues that concern Singapore and the region.
The ESI has undertaken a research project on the “Study on Singapore’s Energy and Decarbonisation Pathways”. The study team seeks researchers with relevant experience and expertise in energy systems modelling and analysis, engineering, environmental sciences or other related quantitative research fields.
- Conduct strong energy and environmental systems research that contributes to energy policy-making for Singapore on decarbonization pathways.
- Participate in engagements with stakeholders and external consultants, and supervise the research students recruited for the Study.
- Produce policy reports, documentation and publish articles in reputable academic journals.
- Cultivate networks, initiate collaborations and prepare funding proposals.
- Carry out administrative tasks, including organising seminars, workshops and conferences, and other duties assigned by the Head of Division/Principal Investigator.
- Possess a Master’s degree in energy and climate economics, energy systems modelling, environmental engineering or other related quantitative research fields.
- At least two years of experience in one of the fields above.
- A good understanding and interest in energy and environmental issues, such as energy supply, demand, trade, efficiency, energy and environment relations, and climate change.
- Relevant research experience in energy and decarbonisation technologies and associated techno-economic evaluations of these technologies.
- Relevant research experience in climate change, energy systems modelling, decomposition analysis, input-output analysis, life cycle analysis, and energy technology assessment.
- Relevant working and practical experience in industry or government agencies in the area of energy and environment in Singapore would be highly valuable.
- Track record of publications in reputable energy, environmental and/or systems modelling-related journals would be an advantage.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in one PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae.
- A cover letter of no more than 800 words explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude concerning research projects.
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for an interview in person or by Zoom. If you have not heard from us within three months, you should assume your application has not succeeded.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Department : Research
Job requisition ID : 20422