Research Fellow (Project Manager-Scientific)
Job reference: 23/111297
Date posted: 02/10/2023
Application closing date: 16/10/2023
Salary: £37,841 per annum
Job category/type: Research
The Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research, School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint to the post of Research Fellow (Project Manager, Scientific).
The post holder will provide scientific and administrative project management support to the colorectal cancer research group, https://dunne-lab.com led by Dr Philip Dunne at Queen's University Belfast and will be responsible for maintaining collaborations with our partners across a number of funded research programmes. Our Belfast-based research group is primarily focused on identification of molecular signalling and morphological phenotypes that provide improved understanding of colorectal cancer. This group currently consists of 10 outstanding and diverse scientists from across a range of disciplines, working within a team that is committed to cultivating an environment where individuals feel supported and encouraged to thrive.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- PhD in relevant area with preference for cancer discipline
- Specific, relevant project management experience within a life/health science research environment
- Relevant experience as a postdoctoral researcher in a life/health science research environment
- Experience of planning and delivering scientific projects on time and within budget
- Evidence of scientific publications
- Experience with funding application processes in the academic or research sector
- Experience of financial management and report writing
- Experience of databases and software related to project management.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
This is a fixed term post, available until 31 October 2024. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.