Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Education) - Legal Studies
Job reference: 23/111305
Date posted: 02/10/2023
Application closing date: 30/10/2023
Salary: Lecturer: £41,331 - £57,141 per annum. Senior Lecturer: £58,850 - £68,194 per annum.
Job category/type: Academic
The Institute of Professional Legal Studies (IPLS) was established at Queen’s University Belfast in 1977 to provide vocational training for trainee barristers and solicitors in Northern Ireland in partnership with the Law Society of Northern Ireland and the Inn of Court of Northern Ireland.
The post holder will be required to undertake significant teaching on postgraduate level courses to be delivered at IPLS.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A minimum of 2:1 degree in Law or equivalent.
- Qualified as a Solicitor/Barrister.
- A clear disciplinary record with the relevant professional body.
- At least 3 years’ post-qualification experience as a Solicitor/Barrister.
- Experience in the practice of Civil Litigation within the past 3 years.
- Evidence of successfully managing and leading significant developments in teaching (Senior Lecturer (Education)).
- Demonstrable experience of teaching/supervising/mentoring undergraduate/postgraduate students.
- Significant experience of teaching and designing courses at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level in higher education (Senior Lecturer (Education)).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Diane Nixon via email@example.com