Associate Professor, Zepler Institute for Photonics and Nanoelectronics
Zepler Institute for Photonics and Nanoelectronics
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £57,696 to £72,018 - per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 10 November 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Associate Professor in Photonics / Optoelectronics
The Optoelectronics Research Centre (ORC) welcomes applications for the above posts. These appointments will support the key strategic aims of the world-renowned ORC enhancing its reputation for innovative research. The successful candidates will strengthen our thriving research culture.
About the role
We seek candidates with a strong, internationally recognised academic profile in any of the areas in which we currently have expertise (see link below) and who can enhance those areas.
You will undertake internationally recognised research, and work to attract significant research funding. You will contribute to the ORC in a leadership and research capacity.
The ORC holds numerous UK, international and industry-funded grants, including EPSRC Programme Grants, Prosperity Partnerships as well as the national Future Photonics Hub. The University of Southampton is also home to the Zepler cleanrooms, a state-of-the-art £120 million cleanroom complex, which is among the most advanced facilities for photonics research in Europe.
The University of Southampton is in the top 1% of world universities and is one of the UK’s top 15 research–intensive universities.
- You have a proven track record in raising significant external research funding.
- You demonstrate outstanding experience in shaping and leading a field of research.
- You enjoy an international reputation through sustained publication of research that has a demonstrable impact.
- You demonstrate motivational leadership through research, education, and enterprise roles.
- You show an ability to innovate, engage, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
What we can offer you:
- An outstanding and collegial research environment in the largest photonics institute in the UK.
- A senior academic post in the research-focused, internationally renowned Optoelectronics Research Centre.
- Access to more than 60 state-of the-art photonics laboratories in a postgraduate-only institute.
- Equal consideration of applicants wishing to work flexibly or who have taken a career break.
- The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, people who identify as LGBTQ+, people with disabilities. The University holds a Silver Athena SWAN award and a Bronze Race Equality Charter award.
Further information about the ORC key research areas, the University and Southampton follow this link. Home - Optoelectronics Research Centre (talentedu.com)
To apply for these positions, please select the “Apply Online” link below and submit your academic CV and a covering letter that provides details of your current and future research plans and what you feel you and your research vision will bring to the ORC.
For further information: Please contact the Director of the ORC c/o Sue Nash S.Nash@soton.ac.uk