Professor / Associate Professor in Health Management
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a Professor or Associate Professor who will play a pivotal role in guiding teaching and research within the discipline of Health Management as well as the broader School of Public Health and Social Work.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to both postgraduate and undergraduate supervision, shaping the educational experience of students enrolled in the Masters of Health Management and the Bachelor of Health Information Management. Your expertise will be a driving force behind our commitment to delivering high-quality education and research in the field.
Real world impact
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a 'real world' focus. We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world.
About the School of Public Health and Social Work
The School of Public Health and Social Work is a dynamic and progressive School that has an excellent reputation for high quality teaching, research and services across four disciplines: Social Work and Human Services; Health Management; Public Health and Health Safety and Environment (HSE). Through our research, teaching, and community and industry partnerships, the School of Public Health and Social Work strives for a healthy, fair and inclusive society.
We deliver courses and research that respond to the demand for better public health services, the promotion of better health and wellbeing, the promotion of social justice and human rights, improved promotion, prevention and treatment of disease and illness and policy development to achieve healthier, fairer, more inclusive societies.
What you need to succeed
Your expertise and leadership, combined with your strong teaching and research focus on innovation within health services, management, and policy will play an instrumental role in shaping the future of health management, research, and education. As an integral part of our vision for fostering a healthier, fairer, and more inclusive society, you will also be committed to shaping the next generation of change-makers through both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- Completion of a doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline area or equivalent professional experience and recognition.
- Recognised nationally and internationally as a leader in health services or health management research and the ability to successfully mentor staff and students to build research capability.
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching leadership, including innovative curriculum design and delivery and undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and in higher degree research supervision (greater than five years experience).
- Extensive success in generating significant research income and publishing in top tier journals.
- Demonstrated considerable leadership ability, including inspiring a high performance and collaborative culture, understanding of complex environments (greater than two years experience).
- Demonstrated significant success in establishing and maintaining collaborations that extend best practice, implement leading solutions, and realise new opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and working with an interdisciplinary team of academic colleagues, and engagement with industry stakeholders to enhance teaching and research performance.
Careers at QUT
Our culture is vibrant, inspiring and challenging. It's a world where like-minds come together with a commitment to making a real world difference. Beyond personal and professional fulfilment, a career at QUT offers:
- A healthy work-life balance with a blend of on campus and off campus work arrangements for applicable positions.
- 17% super, to help you retire in style.
- Support for primary carers with 26 weeks paid parental leave (incl. 17% super).
- Take advantage of our Salary Packaging Scheme, stay healthy with Fitness Passport and enjoy discounted rates on private health insurance.
- 17.5% leave loading.
- Numerous opportunities for professional development including leadership programs, workshops, and certifications including our study assistance scheme.
- Commitment to our Indigenous Australian staff through initiatives such as the Indigenous Australian Staff Network, Ceremonial Leave, Staff Development Workshops and representation on university committees.
- Diversity and inclusion - the LGBTIQA+ community is welcome here.
We are guided by our values of Ambition, Curiosity, Integrity, Inclusiveness, Innovation and Academic Freedom and our QUT Connections in our mission to inspire and shape he next generation of change-makers.
In support of our Indigenous Australians Employment Strategy, we aspire to an Indigenous Australian workforce participation of 3.6% and we encourage Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people to join us in pursuing their dreams.
We believe in creating safe spaces for inclusivity to flourish and we know that diversity is our strength – see our commitment. If you’re curious, innovative, and ready to experience what a career at QUT can offer, we’re ready to meet you.
How to Apply
To receive a candidate prospectus and to submit your application, please contact Dr Rohan Carr or Ms Emily Witts at The Insight Group for this vacancy.
Phone: +61 3 9654 3288
When applying for this position your application must include the following:
- A current resume
- A cover letter, which includes:
- A short statement outlining whether you are seeking to be appointed at Level D or Level E and providing justification;
- A brief narrative (up to half a page) describing your contributions to teaching and learning including curriculum design and development and the delivery of educational programs;
- A brief narrative (up to half a page) describing your research and its real world significance and impact, including your agenda for future research. Why is this future direction exciting and important?
- A list of your research grants (including any consultancies) obtained in the last five years;
- A list of your publications in the last five years and the associated Scopus quartile ranking, and with a short statement on the significance of each; and
- A list of your collaborations (including inter-disciplinary and international engagement).
QUT Reference number: 23953
Term: This appointment will be offered on an ongoing, full-time basis.
The successful candidate may be appointed at Associate Professor (Level D), or Professor (Level E) depending on their level of attainment against the position classification standards outlined in the QUT Enterprise Agreement (Academic Staff). Appointment at Senior Lecturer (Level C) may also be considered.
The remuneration for this position is:
- Academic Level D (LEVD - Associate Professor): $185,226 to $204,076 pa. (inclusive of AUD$156,518 to $172,446 salary pa, 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Academic Level E (LEVE - Professor): $238,612 pa. (Inclusive of AUD$201,630 salary pa, 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kelvin Grove campus
Job opens: Tuesday, 3 October 2023
Applications Close: Monday, 13 November at 11:59 am