Kings Residences is responsible for the management of over 5400 bedspaces with a strategy to increase the portfolio over the next few years whilst also looking to diversify our offering. We are being looked to support the colleges continuing efforts to recruit our students on different academic journeys and be able to provide models which is in alignment with their offering.
In addition, King’s Residences is instrumental in supporting the College strategic decisions to widen our offering to external institutions.
The allocations’ assistant role is essential in helping residences in achieving the agreed occupancy of Kings Residences and being able to effectively manage the complex allocations process for residences.
They will be a valued member of the Allocations team, supporting team members and contributing to a team approach and professional ethos. They will provide a customer-focused service offering information and advice to a variety of stakeholders.
The person we are looking for should have a sincere interest and understanding of the needs of students, and be able to communicate effectively with residents, university staff and external bodies both orally and in writing.
This is a full-time
- To process student and staff requests, providing advice and ensuring all enquiries are resolved efficiently.
- Prepare and input data into the residential accommodation software, taking ownership and accountability for work completed, to ensure that it is dealt with efficiently.
- Maintain a level of accurate and up to date knowledge of issues, activities, and events necessary to underpin the delivery of an efficient and effective first point of information service.
- Work flexibly in response to ongoing changes to administrative systems and processes and contribute to the development and improvement of working practices, to deliver more efficient approaches to support the student experience.
- To take responsibility for work in their own area, whilst working flexibly to achieve team results by assisting others and working collaboratively to complete tasks and projects.
- Assist with staff system training regarding the allocations process and occupancy management.
- Process damage charges to accounts based on information from the Residential Manager(s).
- Process cancellations and withdrawals indicating any cancellation penalties as warranted by the current cancellation calendar
- To handle allocations enquiries and escalate matters when required.
- To support the contact centre team at key times of the year with handling allocations enquiries
- Ensuring data on the relevant systems is maintained accurately and errors are rectified proactively/promptly.
- To ensure that procedures are accurately and consistently implemented, and to maintain confidentiality with regard to personal information at all times and that any data breaches or loss are reported immediately following King’s procedure.
- To attend all College Open Days included Offer Holder Days these includes, weekend and evening events.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Degree obtained, relevant qualification and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related field
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills
3. Excellent numerical skills
4. Good time management skills, in order to handle a large volume of work with tight deadlines
5. Strong IT skills especially in the use of Microsoft Products
6. Experience of working to tight deadlines
7. Experience in the use of databases and/or room booking systems.
8. Previous reservations experience in Higher Education, Hotel environment or Private Student Accommodation Provider.
9. Experience of student accommodation software
10. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a professional & assured manner
11. Ability to work flexibly as part of a multi-disciplinary team and cover for other team members in their absence.
12. Excellent and proven administration skills e.g. organised record keeping, retrieving, analysing, presenting data and producing reports.
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, creating and updating data dashboards.
2. Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders.
Occasional weekend or late evening working may be required as well as travel to events and other external activities as required