Postdoctoral Research Associate, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Full time, fixed term for 12 months, located on the Darlington Campus at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Opportunity to work in one of the top Electrical Engineering and Computer Science schools in the world
- Base Salary $101K - $112K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering has a reputation for the quality of its graduates, innovation in its undergraduate curriculum, and for the strength of its research and postgraduate teaching programs. The school has achieved major research outcomes in the fields of software, bio-electronics, computer engineering, photonics, power and telecommunication engineering.
We are currently looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join the research group of Professor Teng Joon Lim, co-supervised by Dr Kanchana Thilakarathna of the School of Computer Science. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Professor Lim, Dr Thilakarathna and other members of their research teams to formulate and solve research problems pertaining to distributed machine learning for a sensing/detection application using highly mobile devices, with minimal communication among the network nodes.
This role will involve:
- performing thorough literature reviews in close consultation with research supervisors and relevant external stakeholders, with the objective of proposing new and innovative research of a substantive nature
- publishing research outcomes in world-class journals and conferences
- assisting in the preparation of research proposals, reports and administration of a research grant.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who has:
- a PhD in the areas of electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or similar disciplines
- preferred experience in projects related to distributed machine learning, wireless communications, detection and estimation
- experience with Python
- demonstrated experience in research collaboration
- high level organizational skills with a proven ability to organize group activities, workshops, meetings
- a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with students, staff and industry partners
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rebecca Astar or Cherie Goodwin, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 16 October 2023 11:59 PM