Research Assistant (Molecular and Cellular Sciences)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Clinical Research Assistant position, in the Healthy Longevity Translational Research Program, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, with an affiliation with the National University Health System (NUHS) Centre for Healthy Longevity.
The Centre for Healthy Longevity (CHL), one of 6 Centres of Excellence of the National University Health System (NUHS), aims to be a leading institute for geroscience research and translation globally, renowned for translating research into practice to improve healthspan.
The CHL is seeking a Research Assistant (Molecular & Cellular Sciences) to manage a comprehensive wet lab for extracting and processing human biological material, not limited to:
- Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCS)
- Serum, plasma
- Tissue biopsies
The position requires at least 1 year of working experience in a human diagnostics or tissue processing and repository lab. The applicant will be well-versed in molecular and cellular biological techniques and be able to take up a leadership position after one year, to lead junior colleagues. The applicant will work closely with the management and research team of the CHL. Appointments will be on a 2-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine processing of human biospecimens and maintain repository for sample storage.
- Provide scientific and technical expertise for the daily operations, process improvement and development of the routine human biospecimen and tissue processing work-flow.
- Perform routine quantification of biomarkers using assays not limited to qPCR, western blots, ELISAs.
- Assess and validate new technologies and/or methods suitable for cell/tissue extraction and processing, as well as other downstream processes to increase efficiency.
- Perform laboratory quality assurance duties to implement, monitor and enforce NUS Office of Safety, Health and Environment (OSHE) policies in the wet lab working environment.
- Mentor and identifying training needs for junior staff.
- Comply with laboratory inventory management procedures.
- Comply with good laboratory practice as set out by the Laboratory Accreditation Programme of the College of American Pathologists and Singapore regulatory agencies such as the Medical Audit & Accreditation Unit.
- BS/MS in Biomedical Science, Medical Technology or relevant discipline with at least 1 year of relevant work experience in a diagnostic laboratory/ tissue repository lab; or
- Experience in supervisory or administrative positions would be advantageous.
- Able to work independently and as a team member.
- Good interpersonal skills with strong leadership attributes.
- Must be meticulous and have good organization skills.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21475