- Full-time continuing position available located at our Camperdown Campus
- Fantastic opportunity to provide administrative support for education operations and projects in the Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Base Salary $95,860 + 17% superannuation
The University of Sydney is now ranked 19th in the world for 2024 university rankings, moving up 22 places in the last year. Our graduate employability is 1st in Australia, and 4th in the world; our subject rankings in Medicine are rated 1st in Australia, and 25th in the world.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health has been designed to enable innovation, excellence and strategic vision in teaching, research, and clinical practice not only in medicine and health, but in all of the areas in which we operate. We are committed to challenging conventional wisdom, and to finding new paths to travel. We are focussed on leading new possibilities in the way we deliver wellness and healthcare and in making a distinctive impact on healthcare, both locally and globally. It's our commitment to curiosity, connection and excellence that sets us apart. It's how we're making a difference - how we're shaping healthcare.
As such, we are seeking a talented and outcomes-focused Administration Officer (0107875) to provide a broad range of administrative support for education operations and projects being delivered within the Education portfolio of the Faculty of Medicine and Health.
Currently there is a requirement for these positions to be on-site a minimum of 4 days a week, with a 1 day a week hybrid working. Hybrid working options will be decided with your manager if you are successful in this position. In addition, the role may be required to work from University of Sydney locations across the Sydney Metropolitan region from time-to-time, or as needed.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- manage the delivery of daily administration activities and services, providing guidance to colleagues on the ongoing activities of the work area and ensuring high quality, efficient administrative support is provided in a pro-active manner to staff, students, clients, and visitors
- responding to or directing queries to the appropriate department, and offering guidance on how to resolve similar issues and ensuring appropriate action is taken as required
- analyse incoming correspondence, independently initiate appropriate action where possible and/or ensure the matter is forwarded appropriately to the relevant individual/specialist for resolution
- generate reports and analyse data as relevant to support the activities of the work area
- act as a point of contact for Education project and operational matters, including assisting managers and staff with the completion of forms and reports, procurement, HR information, policy navigation and other activities as required to support the administrative operations of the work area
- ensure the appropriate coordination of meetings including venue booking, catering and IT facilities, including the coordination and delivery of events, conferences, and workshops
- provide high level administrative support to ensure successful delivery of projects and operational initiatives in the work area
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Administration Officer who has:
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written), including demonstrated ability to draft a range of correspondence, reports and content for diverse audiences, utilising appropriate communication styles and channels
- strong problem-solving skills and the ability to utilise initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- independent and autonomous with ability to work in a team, resolving relevant matters that may arise with daily tasks
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and achieve required outcomes to a high standard
- a strong client focus and demonstrated ability to engage and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- ability to respond and adapt quickly and effectively to changing requirements and new initiatives under tight timelines, while maintaining immaculate attention to detail and quality
- computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office (in particular advanced Excel skills), Power BI and content management systems together with experience operating with large, corporate-level database and information systems. Experience using collaborative task management or productivity tools
- experience providing effective administrative support in a complex organisation or project-based environment
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Consultant, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 15 October 2023 11:59 PM