Research Engineer (IC Designer)
Singapore Hybrid-Integrated Next-Generation μ-Electronics Centre (SHINE) in National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for applicants for a Research Engineer position.
The candidate is required to:
- Explore heterogeneous systems with silicon chips being integrated on unconventional substrates such as flexible and stretchable, for ultra-low power always-on and intelligent silicon platforms.
- Work on innovative circuit techniques with very wide power-performance scaling to minimize the system energy while providing targeted levels of performance on demand. Such techniques will be investigated for digital sub-systems in advanced technologies.
- Be responsible to conduct research at the circuit level, defining and validating design options and defining new integrated circuit techniques.
The candidate must possess:
- Possess minimum a Bachelor’s degree in either Electrical Engineering or strictly related (e.g., Computer, Communication, or Information Engineering).
- Activity performed in multiple research environments and industrial experience are highly valued.
- Expertise on the project scope, ultra-low power always-on and intelligent silicon platforms.
- Knowledge on circuit and system-level chip design is valued.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or its equivalent from a reputable University/Institute is preferred, or equivalent related experience.
- Experience in flexible electronics research, characterisation, metrology and electrical testing.
- Experience in using Die Bonder, 5D Aerosol Jet Printer, Thermoreflectance & Infared Thermography System, Micro Solder Ball Jet System.
- Knowledge of integration process and performance evaluation of Si chiplet/SiC interposer structures.
- Knowledge of thermal and thermomechanical modelling and analysis.
- Experience in handling and fabrication of phase change materials.
- Open to fixed term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21428