Research Fellow (Multiplexed Metasurfaces)
This job aims to address some critical issues about breaking physical limit on multiplexed optical system. The main targets are three-fold:
- The theoretical models of breaking the limitation of polarization multiplexing are expected to be developed, and simultaneously multiplexed models with multiple parameters including wavelength, polarization, and orbital angular momentum should be proposed and demonstrated.
- The research on the intelligent design of complex nanostructures with high accuracy is highly demanded, and physics-assisted machine-learning models embedded in both gradient based and non-gradient optimization loops for the automatic implementation of multifunctional metasurfaces should be proposed.
- The combination of theoretical models, intelligent design and advanced manufacturing technology is required to develop new multiplexed metadevices beyond the physical capacity limit, in order to benefit the application prospect for high-capacity optical display, information encryption, and data storage.
- Considering the above research targets, the candidate should possess in-depth physical insights and knowledge for the interdisciplinary research of electromagnetic modeling, deep learning design, multiplexed technology, micro-/nano-fabrication, and optical and electrical characterization.
- PhD Degree in Physics, Optics, Nanophotonics or relevant area with a strong background in optical metasurfaces.
- Experience of working in the field of Nanophotonics, polarization multiplexed technology beyond the physical limit, dynamic hologram imaging, and intelligent design of complex nanostructures for multi-tasks.
- Mathematics specific knowledge required in multiplexed design, Mie theory, rigorous coupled-wave analysis, Kirchoff diffraction equation, simulated annealing algorithm, and deep learning model.
- Technical proficiency with constructing physical models and performing simulations in electromagnetic waves with appropriate softwares.
- Candidate should have strong publication records in reputed International Journals in the field of nanophotonics and multiplexed metasurfaces.
- Open to fixed term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19973