Research Engineer (Optimization for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles)
The candidate will focus on the modeling, estimation, and optimization of energy storage, especially Lithium-ion batteries. The target of the project is to propose a hybrid model, which combines physical models and machine learning models to better monitor the health of Lithium-ion batteries (e.g., state of health and remaining useful life).
Applicants are expected to have BS/MS degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Control and Automation, Power and Energy, Applied Mathematics, or other related fields. Specific qualifications for different positions are listed below:
- Solid modeling, programming, and good communication skills are required.
- A good research record in battery areas is required
- Similar research background and good writing skills are required. The candidate should be either a control expert or a machine learning expert.
- Deep understanding of optimization, machine learning, and artificial intelligence is highly desired
- Strong motivation and interest in staying in academia are desired
- A good publication record is highly desired