Lecturer in Project and Quality Management
School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences
Lecturer - Project and Quality Management REF070
Salary: (AC3) £48,349 - £54,395 (plus London weighting allowance of £4,683)
Full-time: 35 Hours per week
THE POST – Lecturer in Project Management
Due to a significant investment in our teaching portfolio within our London Campus, the School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences is seeking applications from individuals to join the Project team as a Lecturer within the School’s Division of Engineering and Physical Sciences. You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
As a Lecturer in Project Management your responsibilities will include:
- Engaging in the development of educational thinking, practice, and research in the broad areas of curriculum design, learning and teaching, and assessment
- Cross/interdisciplinary working and programme design and development to support positive results in attainment, student experience and graduate destinations
- Planning own teaching and tutorials as agreed with academic line manager, as appropriate Supervising students’ projects and, as appropriate, fieldwork and placements
- Undertaking high quality original research and disseminate results through regular publications in high impact journals.
- Contributing to the accreditation of courses and quality assurance processes.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification
- Advance HE Fellowship.
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education.
- Appropriate evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, or knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations).
- Have experience in developing and delivering modules across the area of Project/Quality Management; and experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches.
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience for students on the accredited MSC programmes
UWS has had a presence in London since 2015, and our London provision has generated significant interest and seen student numbers grow dramatically over recent years. UWS London Campus, close to one of the world’s biggest financial capitals, is an exciting and vibrant place to work and study offering flexible technology-rich working and learning spaces with panoramic views of Docklands and Canary Wharf.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences offers industry-focused teaching and research opportunities that deliver solutions to real-world problems. You will join an innovative and supportive team, playing a key role in driving forward our ambition to deliver transformational change, through outputs that have a tangible, early and positive impact on society across the globe. Our students benefit from state-of-the-art facilities, extensive expertise in research and development, and our robust collaborations with multinational companies across the world.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional day’s leave on your birthday
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
To request a job description please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role please apply with your CV and Cover Letter highlighting your key skills and experience that are relevant to the role.
Closing Date: 29th of October 2023
Interview Date: 10th of November 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.