Senior Research Fellow, Child Health Services Research
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour a week)
Duration: 2-year Fixed Term
Remuneration: $145K - $166Kbase (+17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Randwick, NSW
The Population Child Health (PCH) Research Group is a multidisciplinary research team working across Australia and internationally from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) Randwick precinct and Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network (SCHN). We conduct translational health services and health systems research to optimise child health outcomes and address inequities.
Why this role matters
The Senior Research Fellow will be expected to make independent or original contributions to child health research within the Population Child Health Research Group, UNSW. The Group is an integrated, multidisciplinary, clinical research team working throughout Australia and overseas. An academic at this level is expected to play a major role in research including the exercise of some leadership in research.
Who you are:
To be successful you will have:
- A PhD in health services research, epidemiology, or non-lab-based child health research.
- Proven commitment to proactively keeping up to date with discipline knowledge and developments.
- Demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and high impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence as well as the capacity for research leadership.
- Proven ability to generate grant income.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines ad build effective relationships.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills.
Benefits and Culture:
UNSW offer a competitive salary and access to a plethora of UNSW-perks including:
- 17% Superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working
- Additional 3 days of leave over the Christmas Period
- Access to lifelong learning and career development
- Progressive HR practices
More information on the great staff benefits and culture can be found here.
How to apply:
Please click on THIS LINK to submit your application online. Applications should not be sent to the contact listed below. Please provide a resume and a cover letter briefly addressing the criteria listed in the position description.
A copy of the Position Description can be found on JOBS@UNSW.
Contacts (role related questions only)
Professor Raghu Lingam, Paediatric Population Health
Applications close: 26th October 2023, before 11:30 pm
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.