Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor / Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Full Time
- Join a growing Faculty and be part of a University that places amongst the world's best teaching and research institutions
- Located in the heart of Sydney's inner west quarter, close to beaches, parks, public transport and shopping districts
- Seeking outstanding academics to provide leadership and help create a world-class, internationally recognised Faculty for research and education excellence
About the opportunity
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Sydney (Sydney, Australia) invites applications for several academic positions at all levels with demonstratable strong research experience in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Microelectronics and Nanoelectronics
- Design Automation
- Control Systems
- Signal Processing
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Embedded and Cyber-physical Software Systems
- Trustworthy Intelligent Systems
- Real-time Software Systems
- Software Engineering
- Software Security and Dependability
All positions are full-time, continuing (tenure-track) roles based in Sydney. Successful applicants will join a group of enthusiastic, highly research active and collegiate academics who deliver a world-class education to our undergraduate and postgraduate students. Successful applicants will have an excellent research record, be able to teach in a range of courses, and will complement the core areas of strength in the school and push the frontiers to new research areas. We are particularly interested in applicants that enhance/expand the range of research in the School and build connections between our research strength areas.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values. You will be expected to develop an outstanding independent research program, make internationally recognised advances and engage in collaborations within and outside the University, including with industry partners.
You will also contribute to innovative curriculum development and delivery at both undergraduate and graduate levels and contribute to the management and leadership of the School and the University.
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering is seeking Academics of all levels who can demonstrate:
- a PhD in a relevant field. Applicants who have submitted their PhD for examination or will do so in the immediate future can be considered
- outstanding communication skills and the ability to conduct high quality research with increasing independence and to present that work in an engaging way
- high level problem solving skills with the ability to address complex issues as they arise
- a strong track record (relative to opportunities) in research, including a body of work published in peer reviewed journals.
Candidates should submit a CV, a research statement and a teaching statement, and the names and email addresses of three references (for Lecturer and Senior Lecturer positions) and six references (for Associate Professor and Professor positions). In your online application in Workday under the Education Section, please select: Degree with extensive relevant experience and Field of Study: Doctorate or PhD (Other). The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering seeks to increase the gender equity and diversity of its faculty and strongly encourages women and candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Term and Remuneration
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Successful applicants should expect an internationally competitive salary, a generous start-up package and first-class research, learning and teaching environment.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all roles required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all, and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We are Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Monika Browning, Recruitment Partner, Recruitment Operations, Human Resources by email email@example.com
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
To view a position description of a Level B, Lecturer click here
To view a position description of a Level C, Senior Lecturer click here
To view a position description of a Level D, Associate Professor click here
To view a position description of a Level E, Professor click here
Closing Date: 11:59pm, 30 November 2023 (Sydney time)
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
More searches like this
- General Engineering Academic Posts Australia jobs in Camperdown
- General Engineering Professors / Chairs Australia jobs in Camperdown
- General Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors Australia jobs in Camperdown
- General Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors Australia jobs in Camperdown