Senior Lecturer, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality education and professional training for students, clients, and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
The Business School is the largest School in RMIT Vietnam with approximately eight thousand students on two campuses (Ho Chi Minh Saigon South and Hanoi). The school has three departments, 112 academic staff, four research fellows and 25 Professional staff. In terms of programs there are four bachelor programs, two PGCert programs, two Master programs and two PhD programs. Each department has one program and the fourth program has nine majors supported across the departments. The school is one of five schools of the RMIT College of Business and Law, Melbourne.
There are six research clusters in the school, three hubs and a forward plan will seek to conflate this structure to a Digital technologies centre and sustainability cluster, with Tourism and Hospitality spanning both domains. The expertise and research foci of the school are blockchain, cryptocurrencies, cybersecurity, smart cities, sustainability, and these contribute to the four RMIT pillars for research.
Recent growth areas have been in research and corporate education (AACSB accreditation is expected in 2024). Staff are currently transitioning into semester teaching whilst the school maintains three intakes and delivery. A new workload allocation framework is now applied to accommodate these developments.
Further information about the Department of Business & Innovation (Digital Marketing, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Global Trade, Digital Business, Business Analytics) is below.
When you join our team as a Senior Lecturer, you will bring your expert knowledge, education and experience to add significant value and impact to the teaching, research and industry engagement related activities involved in this role. As an academic member of staff, you can expect to team across undergraduate and post graduate programs whilst developing your own scholarly, research and professional capabilities. You will actively promote the program through establishing and maintaining networks and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities (locally and internationally).
For a more detailed insight into the role please view the JD.
- PhD/DBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification.
- In depth knowledge of the disciplines mentioned above, specifically in the Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Information Systems.
- Proven teaching experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management related courses, such as business information system, logistics, operations management, procurement, transportation, warehousing, supply chain analysis and design, and strategy .
- Industry or professional experience relevant to your discipline with ability to work with external partners, industries and organisations.
- Well established and consistent internationally ranked publication record for Senior Lecturer appointment.
- Highly rated performance relating to student outcomes, student experience and feedback
- Excellent team player
- Culturally adept and agile.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance from US$6,000; Educational support up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check up
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
EXPECTED RESEARCH PROFILE
- To be considered for a position at RMIT Vietnam in The Business School, you will need to be able to meet the following research criteria.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded more than 5 years ago: you will be expected to demonstrate a minimum of 2 peer reviewed journal articles, of which must be ranked in Scimago or ABDC and preferably both in Q1/A ranking or equivalent.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded within the last 3- 5 years although there are no requirements of peer reviewed journal articles for publication, you need to be research active in relevant research areas.
- For candidates with a PhD awarded within the last 3 years, although there are no requirements you are expected to be research active.
As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 3 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent).
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV, covering letter, and a separate document addressing the Key Selection criteria by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below.
27 thg 12 2021 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.