Staff Health Support Rehabilitation Partner
- Full time, fixed term position for 12 months with possibility of extension or ongoing work
- Opportunity to utilise your background in Occupational Therapy
- Base salary from $104,633 plus 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Working within the Staff Health Support Team and the broader University Safety Team, the Staff Health Support Rehabilitation Partner will have a focus on providing support and advice to the University community through coordination and delivery of different activities relating to early intervention and workplace adjustments.
They will provide triaging of all new referrals to the Staff Health Support team including work related, non work related and workplace adjustment requests. They will also liaise with all stakeholders for assessment, review and implementation of workplace adjustments.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- initial triaging of all reported workplace incidents, non work related referrals and workplace adjustment requests
- make recommendations regarding the most appropriate approach to managing individual injury and illness case management
- lodge notifications with the insurers for all reported workplace injuries
- assess each incident to determine ongoing management requirements
- assist employees with lodgement of a workers compensation claim
- maintain timely and accurate case management records with the systems
- if required manage external providers in accordance with University procedures
- support the wider Staff Health Support Team with administrative tasks
- manage workplace adjustments referrals and requests
- conduct work station assessments if required
- allied health professional with a background in Occupational Therapy
- experience managing workplace adjustments, compensation claims and rehabilitation
- excellent interpersonal skills that gain respect and credibility with clients
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Sajad Bahram on email@example.com
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 08 October 2023 11:59 PM