Research Fellow (Centre for Sustainable Medicine)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of research fellow in the Centre for Sustainable Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Centre for Sustainable Medicine is newly set up to drive research, education and advocacy for transforming healthcare practices to be low-carbon and more environmentally sustainable. Appointments will be made on a 12-month contract basis with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The research fellow conceives, designs, executes, analyses and reports scientific projects in the field of environmental science. He/she works closely with clinical operations team members, the Principal Investigator and relevant multidisciplinary scientific experts to complete the projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the general design, execution and management of the project
- Independently lead data and sample analysis
- Lead manuscript preparation to report scientific findings.
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI
- PhD degree in a relevant field, e.g. biomedical sciences and environmental sciences
- Min. Years of Experience
- 1-2 years postdoctoral experience with good publication record. PhDs with good track record and no postdoctoral experience will be considered
Other Requirements (e.g. Skills, Competencies)
- Experience with the design, IRB approval, execution and analysis of clinical studies
- Knowledge of clinical study methodology and GCP as well as statistical analysis methods.
- Broad scientific interest, willingness and ability to expand expertise in terms clinical research methodology and research areas
- Independent as well as team player who enjoys working in multidisciplinary teams with a variety of scientific and technical experts
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21409